Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tiny Books

I've recently discovered the book 'How to make books' by Esther K. Smith. A fellow-student brought this book to my drawing lessons. I decided to purchase this book myself because the book looked like fun. I can't show you a picture of the books because it was a bit damaged and I sent it back. Still waiting for a replacement, but I took a peek in the book and tried out a simple way to fold a little book. For this one you have to use thin paper, a4 size. After folding it looks like in the second picture. I decided to experiment with it and glued the pages together so that I got a 4-page little book with thick pages. I cut the pages a bit so that the pages are even and it got nice rounded angles. The tiny yellow one with the dots is finished (just a tiny 'circulair' visual experience ;-)) and the orange one is WIP. It only has this front for now. I"ll fill it when I'll get an nice idea of what to put in it. Maybe little poems combined with drawings, or something else that inspires me a certain moment.

















4 comments:

  1. i love your tiny book! it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Just tried following the directions to making it and the diagram makes it super easy to do! Is that from the book or did you make that diagram? I think I'm going to have to put this on my Amazon wish list now - it looks so much fun and I just love your results! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, The diagram is from the book. It's very much worth it! (the book :-))

      Delete
  3. So this is how it looks! It's really really cute and adorable! And I love the sort of retro design-ish look of the little dotted yellow one. So simple and yet so sweet.

    p.s.
    and I forgot to mention earlier... I LOVE the birds on the paper you sent along with your happy place... I'll need to use them somewhere.... hmmm hmmmmmm.... :D

    ReplyDelete