Sunday, October 14, 2012

Glued to the spot

It all started with black ink spots. Then the green followed, the little figure, the "glued to the spot" and last but not least; the trees. The 'glued to the spot' is literally glued to the black inkspot and the little figure is standing there, glued to the spot.
Are you still following me? ;-). Hope you don't think I'm crazy now :-).....but.... I don't know where this all came from, suddenly, it was just there.
Now I have to think about if being 'glued to the spot' has some kind of meaning for me in my life somehow at this moment....:-D.
(For the readers in the Netherlands; my translation of 'glued to the spot' in Dutch is: 'aan de grond genageld staan'.)


6 comments:

  1. I love this! Love the composition. The white space, black spots, the green and the figure. They are just there in the right places. I think I understand what you said about it just all came out. Just go with the flow, your inner self :)

    I like 'glued to the spot', not sure what it means exactly but it sounds meaningful and suits the image somehow :)

    Btw, I'm Pavinee coming from Creative Courage. Nice meeting you here Esther :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pavinee! Thank you for taking a look at my blog. To be honest, since english is not my native language, what I usually do when I want to add some english words to a drawing, is google it. In this case I googled sayings in english with the word 'spot' in it. It means something like not being able to move.
      So nice to get in touch through CC!

      Delete
  2. I love the randomness and that one thing just flowed into the other without too much thinking. I always get lost in the 'thinking' :). Welgedaan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Liezl, I have the "thinking" issue too! Sometimes I ry to just do without thinking. Dank je voor je reactie!

      Delete
  3. I love the randomness and that one thing just flowed into the other without too much thinking. I always get lost in the 'thinking' :). Welgedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete