Monday, February 4, 2013

Focus

I've been drawing and practising and experimenting with pencil, acrylic paint, watercolor, ink, collage....and so much more the previous year and I still got the te very strong drive to draw and to create. Other things in my life don't seem to get going, so I'm not that happy with every aspect about how my life is right now. But I consider myself lucky with very sweet family and friends, that's what I've got!
And, something very important too: I really found the thing that makes me most happy to do: creating and drawing. This could only have happened during the period I didn't have a job and I had to find another way to keep myself busy and inspired. And this is something beautiful that happened, even though other things in life aren't going smoothly, this creative thing is really going very smooth and flawy! Even though it's been hard work too, practising, practising and even more practising.
Could it be that this is a sign? Isn't it funny that while some things in life are difficult, other things seem to get better and clearer?
At first I didn't know what to write about the subject 'Focus' for Andrea's blogchallenge (http://dreamheartsmartart.blogspot.nl/2013/02/blogchallenge-focus.html). But It's quite clear now, while I'm writing this. I found the thing I love to do most, at this moment, I would love to get some focus and clearity in which way to go with my creativity. I've discovered that what I really like to draw is little characters and make up stories for these characters. This is what I allready loved to do as a little girl. But now, after practising the last year with all kind of techniques, I feel I can now draw, as I see things in my imigination.
I think I might want to draw and write a childrensbook maybe. Could it be that here's where my focus needs to be I wonder? 
These are a few examples of characters I've been drawing recently. The last drawing is the first of a drawing for an assignment for my drawing lessons, where we had to illustrate a story and make up a character. I suppose I have to keep on following my heart, in my drawing, in my whole life actually. Don't you think so? :-)
(Thank you Andrea! Wouldn't have written this blog without your blogchallenge and now I wrote this, I feel better and things seem a little clearer by writing things down!)




7 comments:

  1. Esther, lovely to see your beautiful sweet drawings, ad join you here in this blog challenge. Here is a link to my blog on the same theme. http://suzipoland.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/after-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, as you know I am a Dreamcoach and I help people to connect with their heart, passion, so that they can find their true mission and vision in their life. I know from experience and from many clients I could serve that if we follow tha path of our heart, our inner voice, it will lead us to more fulfillment. I am not here to promote my business but I know I would do you a disservice if I wouldn't tell you about my free 20 minutes call, where we map out what you really want and what is in the way. Just get in tocuh with me. I also have a special package in February where I can help and guide you through a intuite reading gone with your dreambook. That is one of my speciality. Love and light, Andrea from DreAmheArtsMartArT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Thank you so much for telling me about the things you do that might be helpful to me too. I"ll really keep this in mind, it sounds interesting!

      Delete
  3. Your characters are adorable! I think you're on the right track by continuing to draw and letting their stories develop. A children's book sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, LOVE your last two drawings you did for your class! Those frames are perfect for them and they certainly make me want to see the full story behind them. I think you have found your way and judging from what you wrote, it was really meant to be... and you can see it too now... if you had a job and a bf you would never put so much of yourself in your searching and come to where you are now.

    If you can hear stories when you draw your characters then you just have to make them available for others too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O, thank you Nini! You're absolutely right. Sometimes blessings come in disguise.....:-)

      Delete