Saturday, July 27, 2013

summer sketchbookpages and syncronicity

Me and my moleskine (watercolour) sketchbook really found eachother this summer. I found myself in a very happy and 'flowy' mood while sketching these mostly on my balcony. I'm very thankful we have a beautiful summer so far here in the netherlands.

The moment I wanted to sketch something, not sure what yet, I was going through a magazine and my eye was caught by a beautiful picture of a colourful hot-air balloon. I instantly knew I wanted to draw this. The most remarkable thing happened to me. While drawing the balloon, I took a look at instagram and I saw Heidi posted a picture of a stamp-hot-air-balloon she was working on. Coincidence? Later that evening I was watching television and I saw a colourful hot-air balloon like the one I was drawing coming by in a commercial. ?!? The next day I turned on the radio and I heard the day before that (about the time I was working on my balloon) an incident happenend with a hot-air balloon in the netherlands. Coincidence once more. four in a row. I like to call it synchronicity. 

Carl Jung said this : " Synchronicity is an ever present reality for those who have eyes to see."

Did you ever notice these kind of synchrone things happening in your life? I would love to hear them!

I like to think that being able to notice these things, feeling present, in the here and now, means I'm on a good way....









6 comments:

  1. This is lovely :D
    I tried to think of my kind of Synchronicity. I'm sure there are some in my life but cannot think of anything right now. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have experienced these things Pavinee! You"ll notice them more when you pay attention to 'coincidences'. Let me know when you think of something :-).

      Delete
  2. Beautiful drawings Esther. It's so nice to read about your flow, I'm really happy for you and just wish I could accompany you on your balcony :)

    As for the Synchronicity goes... We were driving back home from climbing on Sunday with a friend and I switched the radio station when I heard a song I don't particularly like. My friend asked me about it and I told him it's about the video and the song too. Then he said he doesn't know the video but remembers this song from the film he liked so he likes the song too. It was a movie with Johnny Depp and as he described it I knew which one he was talking about as I never really saw all of it but still liked it. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I was spending time with the kitty and switching on the TV after a really long time :) Yes, the movie was on and I caught it in the last third and the song played out at the end when the titles and actors are written down :D Made me think about your post immediately so here I am telling you about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Nini! that's a beautiful story and example! isn't it remarkable to say the least you actually saw this movie and heard the song the next day while turning on the t.v. after a long time! Thank you for sharing this with me, i love hearing this kind of stories! :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow, all of these are terrific! Funny enough, someone posted a comment on my blog just yesterday about how I should try to do a tiny city on a hot air balloon!

    So many different kinds of drawings here but they are all done so wonderfully! I really love the little black and white one with the streetlight! (Also, I followed a link here from nini's place.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by Cindy! Think I saw your name several times on Nini's blog :-).
      Hey....that's a nice idea, a tiny city on a hot air balloon!! :-)

      Delete